Import Export Code ( in short IEC) is a ten digit number granted by Directorate General of Foreign Trade under Ministry of Commerce and Industry, to any bonafide person/ company for carrying out import/export.
- 1. Import Export (IE) Code is a registration required for persons importing or exporting goods and services from India.
- 2. E Codes when issued can be used by the entity throughout its existence and doesn't require any renewal or filing. Therefore, it is recommended for most organizations to obtain IE Code, irrespective of if they need it at the moment.
- 3. There is no compliance requirement for IE Code.
- 4. IEC once issued it is issued for lifetime and there are no renewal fees for IEC registrations.
- 5. IEC is mandatory if you are dealing in export and import.
- Directorate General of Foreign Trade
- PAN of Company/LLP/ Proprietor
- Certificate of Incorporation, if any
- Proof of identity (PAN)(Authorised Person)
- Proof of address (Aadhar/Passport/Electricity Bill)( Authorised Person)
- Address proof of registered office (Electricity Bill/Rent Agreement/Lease deed)
- Cancelled Cheque